CLOUD OPS ENGINEER – FULL TIME
Sync Computing is an MIT based startup company on a mission to build the next leap in distributed computing in the cloud. Sync Computing’s foundational technology is capable of solving large-scale scheduling optimization problems instantly, unlocking unprecedented gains in the orchestration of large-scale computing applications. Businesses worldwide will be able to utilize cloud resources with optimal efficiency, saving billions of dollars and endless hours on the cloud. We are targeting applications in data analytics, machine learning, and high-performance computing.
Sync Computing is searching for a full-time cloud operations software engineer located in Cambridge, MA. Full remote work within the United States is also acceptable.
As a cloud ops engineer, you will be part of a growing interdisciplinary team and will work closely with other world-class engineers to build, test, and deploy cutting-edge distributed software packages on the cloud. We are looking for someone who loves diving into code, working with complex systems, and building solutions. The responsibilities and qualifications of the position include:
- Develop cloud product infrastructure (AWS, lambda, cloudformation, CDK, s3)
- Experience with AWS with exposure to Azure and/or GCP
- Develop interface code (Python) between core technology and cloud product
- Develop automated tests to ensure robust and scalable code
- Experience with software development strategies (e.g. Agile)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Pulumi, etc.)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in troubleshooting IAM Policies and resource permissions issues
- Understanding of modern software architecture and patterns
A technical background in electrical engineering, computer science, applied math, physics, or related fields is required, with a B.S., M.S. or PhD degree. The candidate must be familiar with basic programming languages (e.g. Python) and cloud infrastructure. Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills, a strong desire to learn, be self-directed, and be motivated to work in a fast paced start-up environment.
How to Apply:
To learn more, please send us a CV at email@example.com